The g9 Eclipse plug-ins can be installed from Esito’s update site. Eclipse can be installed from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads and we recommended installing “Eclipse IDE for Java and DSL developers” because it comes with Xcore/Xtend support**. To install one of our g9 plug-ins into your Eclipse environment:
- In Eclipse, go to Help > Install New Software…
- In the Install dialog, click the [Add…] button located at the top right of the dialog to add an “update site”. Add Repository dialog appears.
- You can install one of the g9 plug-ins where Name is a freely chosen text:
|g9 update site||http://www.esito.no/updatesite/g9|
|g9 Anonymizer update site||http://www.esito.no/updatesite/anonymizer|
|g9 Database Import update site||http://www.esito.no/updatesite/dbimport|
|WSg update site||http://www.esito.no/updatesite/wsg|
- Enter Name and Location and click [OK].
- In the field Work with, select the added update site. Esito Modeling Tools appears, select this and click on [Next].
- Click [Next] again to confirm installation
- Read and accept the license agreement. To continue the installation, select “I accept the terms of the license agreement” and click [Finish].
- Select [Restart now] when prompted to restart Eclipse.
A full version of g9 requires a valid license. However, g9 may be used without a license with the following limitations:
- The model can only have 12 domain classes.
- A project that has more than 12 domain classes can not be built.
- When you make an update from the domain model, a complete update with removal of the existing domain and application models will be performed. In the update only the first 12 classes read will be included.
When starting Eclipse with g9 without a valid license, a warning will be given the first time the plugin refreshes a g9 model project. To obtain a trial or full license, please contact Esito.